[Samba] samba pdc and notebook in domain

Logan Shaw lshaw at emitinc.com
Wed Aug 9 21:19:38 GMT 2006

On Wed, 9 Aug 2006, bob_bipbip wrote:
> hello, when my computer's client is not connected to network (and so cannot
> connect to pdc), they are not able to log in, they have a message telling us
> that the system can't log in because the domain is unavailable, how to permit
> people to log in even if they are not connected to network?

By default, Windows supports up to 10 (I think) cached logons.
That means if you user abc logs on while the domain controller
IS available, then they can log on later when the domain
controller is NOT available, assuming there haven't been 10
people who have logged on since then.

So, with a little planning (always be sure to logon before you
disconnect, so that your identity is in the cache), you can
use only the network user accounts without having to create
separate local accounts.  That makes things a lot cleaner and
simpler, I think.

   - Logan