[Samba] samba pdc & ldap without roaming profiles

Alexander Kretschmer a.kretschmer at bpk-mail.de
Wed Aug 9 12:07:56 GMT 2006

Hi list
At the momtent I use samba as a pdc with tdbsam as passwd backend. I
plan to use ldap and I already tried it out. Unfortunately I didn't find
a way to disable roaming profiles. I used the smbldap tools.
First there is the question if I should use
add user script = /usr/sbin/smbldap-useradd -m "%u"
with the -a (is a Windows User) option.
If I don't, then windows account specific information like last passwd
change isn't stored in the ldap backend.. Where are they stored then ?
Second, the main problem is that I can't remove entries like
Home Directory
HomeDir Drive
Logon Script
Profile Path
from the users. Neither by using srvtools nor ldap directly nor pdbedit.
Therefore I am forced to use all my accs as roaming profiles which I
don't really want.
I  would appreciate any hints for solving this problem.
Thank you, Alex Kretschmer