[Samba] machine add error to samba PDC

Pavan p.krishna at inlink.com.au
Wed Aug 9 02:40:28 GMT 2006

Hi All,

    I have setup my samba as a PDC and testparm gives me the right
result, but when I am trying to add my XP client to SAMBA I receive an
error as "Logon failure: bad username or password" or "Username could
not be found". I am using root as the domain administrator and have
added root account using smbpasswd and can see it using pdbedit -Lv. I
can logon successfully from my windows client from run and typing
"\\servername <file:///\\servername> ".

Why do it complain when I am adding the machine that It cannot find the
user??? Backend is simple smbpasswd file.

Anyhelp is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Pavan.