[Samba] need to remove domain from Winbind group entries

Steven Rice srice555 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 8 07:28:51 GMT 2006

Hi,

I have server setup as BDC on a subnet different from
the PDC.  The BDC can auth fine against the PDC and
they can browse each other just fine.  The problem is
on Unix side of the BDC.  When I do a 'wbinfo -g' or
'getent group' each group fit the format
'DOMAIN\group_name' and the PDC does not.  This is
causing problems when synchronizing as the group perm
is being set by name, not uid.

I have configured both the PDC and BDC with the
following entries:

winbind trusted domains only = yes
winbind use default domain = yes
obey pam restrictions = Yes

Yet the domain name still show in in the groups on the
BDC.  I tired every I know but with no luck.

What can I do to remove the domain from the group
entries on the BDC?

Thnaks!