[Samba] Identically named users and groups

Michael Gasch gasch at eva.mpg.de
Tue Aug 8 06:37:23 GMT 2006

hi jerry,

i thought this would never get fixed, because i think i hit the same
problem already last year.

[Samba] [Problem] Samba v3 Errors when group and user exists with	same name]

jerry said:

| i have a user called "biblio" and a group called "biblio"
| normally this is no problem under linux but samba seems to "emulate"
| windows behaviour indirectly.

Windows won't allow a user and groupw ith the same name.
Not much we can do about that. However, if you establish a
group mapping entry and set the ntgroup value to a
different string, things will work out ok.

so are you talking about a issue on linux side and samba or windows side
and samba?

greez

Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:

--
Michael Gasch
Department of Human Evolution (IT Staff)

Phone: 49 (0)341 - 3550 137
        49 (0)341 - 3550 374

Fax:   49 (0)341 - 3550 399