[Samba] Windows Explorer hangs when clicking on a samba share

tacallah at insb.uscourts.gov tacallah at insb.uscourts.gov
Mon Aug 7 20:14:47 GMT 2006

Hi Miguel!

I set the debug level to 10, and nothing is really jumping out at me.
After further investigation, I found out that samba drive comes up fine in
Windows 2000.  The problem seems to be with Windows XP.  I can go to the
DOS prompt and pull up files on the samba drive with no problems.  The
hanging only occurs when I click on the samba drive in Windows Explorer on
my XP workstation.  Do you have any ideas?

Thanks!
Tim

It seems Windows Explorer is trying to refresh (or something like this)
the content of the Samba drive.

Try to check the Samba logs to see if there's something useful there.

Greetings.

--
Miguel Da Silva.
Servicio de Informatica.