[Samba] Heavy Samba usage crashed server

Komal Shah countofdracula at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 12:38:41 GMT 2006

Richard Collyer wrote:
> On Mon, August 7, 2006 11:48 am, Komal Shah wrote:
>> Is there a way to check whether heavy Samba usage can crash server?
>
> Get lots of clients to connect and look at random files. Get all the
> machines you can to search and some to virus scan the network drive as
> this will replicate very heavy usage.
>
> CHeers
> Richard

Is there a way to control the number of times a file can be open
concurrently? Either with Samba or with RHEL4? Maybe this is a good
control measure. Limit the number of concurrent opens for any file. This
way, if more than 20 people try to open the same file, we can restrict
access allowing the system to keep up.

Thanks

Regards,

Komal