[Samba] domain group mapping in 3.0.23a issues

Chris smb23 at realcomputerguy.com
Fri Aug 4 19:00:02 GMT 2006

On Friday 04 August 2006 14:24, Chris wrote:
> If not, why might members of the domadm group (as in the second
> example) not have admin priveleges when logging onto the domain?

I figured this part out....specific RID's are needed for certain groups.
With previous versions the correct RID's were assigned and only mapping
needed to be done. Why was this ever dropped?

Also when mapping something such as "Domain Admins" should the type
be "builtin"? Or is this effectively deprecated as there effectively
are no builtin groups anymore?

Thanks,

Chris