[Samba] RE: Incorrect handling of group permissions

Peter Trifonov petert at dcn.infos.ru
Fri Aug 4 16:59:10 GMT 2006

Dear Jerry,

> >  log.winbindd contains a lot of messages like
> >  [2006/07/24 15:12:19, 0] nsswitch/winbindd.c:request_len_recv(517)
> >    request_len_recv: Invalid request size received: 1836
>
> This can only be a mismatch between winbindd and
> libnss_winbind.so like I said before.  1836 would be the
> correct size with lack of a 64-bit integer.

I just tried to restart the system and this caused "invalid request size"
messages to disappear.
I do not understand why did this happen, since I restarted both winbindd and
nss many times before.

However, group permissions are still not handled properly.
Furthermore, after installing samba 3.0.22a all domain users get message
"Your password has expired" when logging in.

With best regards,
P. Trifonov