[Samba] need ldif and schema for ldap and samba3 PDC

John Mason jmason at lim.com
Thu Aug 3 13:46:04 GMT 2006

Hello,

I want to do some cleaning up of our smbpasswd, /etc/passwd, etc. files and start using ldap. However, I'm not sure what schema to use, what samba is looking for for user authentication, etc.

If someone can direct me to a CLEAN (the only ones I've found are ugly and excessive) samba schema for my openldap 2.3.19 with samba version 3.0.23a-1.fc5.1.

I also am looking for an ldif (from slapcat) so I can get an idea as to what samba is looking for in the way of object classes, etc. as well as what the most common structure of groups is. Most of the ldifs I've seen had 30 groups for domain this and domain that.....

And if someone says that I need to use swat to get things started... then so be it! I'm open to suggestions!

Thanks