[Samba] Password Change Problem

Jim Summers jsummers at cs.ou.edu
Tue Aug 1 16:22:31 GMT 2006

UPDATE:

I just finished troubleshooting a login problem with the user from the
password change problem below.  He could not login today.  It eventually was
discovered that he could login with the new password he was changing to when
the messages below were being generated.

We did not think the password change was successful because on the windows
machine he is using he was getting errors during the transaction yesterday.

So it appears that smbd is not handling the return code from the self-signed
properly or it needs to be able to ignore the verification somehow similar to
how the /etc/ldap.conf / openldap does.

Ideas / Suggestions?

Thanks

--
Jim Summers
School of Computer Science-University of Oklahoma