[Samba] [questions] aio settings in smb.conf and compile options

Tue Aug 1 07:27:38 GMT 2006

On Tue, Aug 01, 2006 at 09:17:04AM +0200, Michael Gasch wrote:
> --with-cluster-support

That's an option to later enable all cluster features that
we're working on. If you are interested in the current (VERY
experimental) state of affairs look at the vl-messaging
temporary svn branch.

The idea is that with a clustered file system like GFS,
OCFS, GPFS or some others you will be able to share the same
file space transparently from all cluster nodes and have
locking working properly. Right now we are discussing and
designing ways to make the experimental support for that
robust so that we don't depend on a single point of failure.

Volker