[Samba] What is the meaning of the output from smbstatus?

EHines eehines at comcast.net
Sun Apr 30 15:43:07 GMT 2006

Jeremy Allison wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 30, 2006 at 12:28:59PM +0200, Volker Lendecke wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Apr 29, 2006 at 01:02:12PM -0700, Jeremy Allison wrote:
>>
>>> If you need auditing on logon/logoff you can get this info from
>>> the logs, and we're in the process of adding an audit mechanism
>>> (hi Gunther :-) into smbd.
>>>
>> Can we really audit logoff?
>>

> Doh ! Yeah, the client never sends that... :-). True.
>
> Jeremy.

What!?  You guys aren't escaped MS programmers? There's no interminable
exchange of networking messages concerning the logoff?  "I gotta go,
now."  You sure?"  Yeah, I'm sure."  "OK, buh-bye."  "Bye."  "You coming
back?"  "Maybe."  "OK."

--
 I don't give 'em hell.  I just tell the truth on 'em, and they think it's hell.
	---Harry Truman