[Samba] Possible issue with XFS Quotas and 3.0.22

andy liebman andyliebman at aol.com
Fri Apr 28 16:52:31 GMT 2006

Hi,

We use XFS, Samba and Quotas. Until now, we haven't had any issues with
Samba versions up to 3.0.13. But we are testing Samba 3.0.22 and
noticing that when we set group quotas on XFS volumes, the quotas are
NOT getting reflected on Windows XP workstations when you look at the
"Properties" of a Samba share. With 3.0.13 and below, the group quotas
come through fine. In both cases, we are using 2.6.14 kernels. Any
ideas? Any tests we can run to help sort this out?

Regards,
Andy Liebman