[Samba] need help with write access

Jayesh Kamdar jkamdar at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 28 12:09:04 GMT 2006

Below is my directory permission and I am using the same smb.conf file that I am using on my other Red Hat Linux box and it works great.

[jkamdar at bakshi /]$ ls -al /mymedia
total 40
drwxrwxrwx  5 jkamdar jkamdar 4096 Apr 27 13:29 .
drwxr-xr-x 28 root    root    4096 Apr 26 09:37 ..
drwxrwxrwx  2 jkamdar jkamdar 4096 Apr 21 16:33 movies
drwxrwxrwx  3 jkamdar jkamdar 4096 Apr 25 17:24 music
drwxrwxr-x  2 jkamdar jkamdar 4096 Apr 27 13:29 test

Eric Warnke <ericew at gmail.com> wrote: Please post

1) ls -al /mymedia so we can see the permissions
2) What user are you connecting as?
3) Any other pertinant changes to the smb.conf

Cheers,
Eric

On 4/27/06,  Jayesh Kamdar <jkamdar at yahoo.com> wrote: I have a samba server running on my Fedora work station and I am able to mount few dir. of this Fedora box, on my Windows box but I am having trouble wrting to this directories.

Here is how I have it shared in smb.conf

[media]
   comment = MP3
   path = /mymedia
   public = yes