[Samba] samba 4 for home network sharing

Robert Mortimer rmortimer at bluechiptechnology.co.uk
Fri Apr 28 09:32:02 GMT 2006

Most Distro's come with a SAMBA binary. Is suggest that you start with that.

There are clear minimum config suggestions in the documentation (your distro
often has a default config (see /etc/samba/smb.conf).

Mac OS X should be able to use NFS so should not need SAMBA as this is a
Unix2Unix setup (you can use SAMBA if you wish though)

If you want you can install services for Unix on your windows box
(2000/XP/98) http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324055/en-us and use NFS

NFS / SAMBA  (it is up to you to choose)