chuck at ckollars.org
Thu Apr 27 21:04:17 GMT 2006
Here's my wild guess:
I suspect the key to solving your problem will be identifying what changed. If it's really true that it worked for two years and that no software was reconfigured, then the prime suspect is hardware. I think one way to produce these log messages is if the Network Interface Card on the Primary Domain Controller went bust. Can you control that machine directly and check out its network connectivity (NIC diagnostics, `ping`, web browse, etc.)? Or what about the network thingy (probably a "hub") that it plugs into. Do other devices wired to the same box still work right? Is there evidence the whole box has become isolated from the main network (probably by a cable jiggled loose)?
> Hi all,
> Everything was working fine with my samba server, until two days ago,
> when the clients started to say "domain is not available" when we tried
> Looking at nmbd.log I found some errors but have no idea how to fix
> them...It has worked perfectly for almost two years...
> Does anyone have an idea?
> Loc Etienne
> [2006/04/27 09:02:26, 0]
> nmbd/nmbd_become_lmb.c:become_local_master_stage2(396) *****
> Samba name server AGEPOLY is now a local master browser for workgroup
> AGEPOLY on subnet 220.127.116.11
> [2006/04/27 09:02:47, 0]
> Unable to find the Domain Master Browser name AGEPOLY<1b> for the
> workgroup AGEPOLY. Unable to sync browse lists in this workgroup.
> [2006/04/27 09:07:16, 0]
> Attempting to become domain master browser on workgroup AGEPOLY,
> subnet UNICAST_SUBNET.[2006/04/27 09:07:16, 0]
Chuck Kollars - principal Kollars Informatics
chuck at ckollars.org http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/print/200512/iraq-withdrawal
PO Box 776 Ipswich MA 01938-0776 +1-978-412-0017 (voice&FAX)
More information about the samba