[Samba] become_domain_master_query_fail

Chuck Kollars chuck at ckollars.org
Thu Apr 27 21:04:17 GMT 2006

Here's my wild guess:

I suspect the key to solving your problem will be identifying what changed. If it's really true that it worked for two years and that no software was reconfigured, then the prime suspect is hardware. I think one way to produce these log messages is if the Network Interface Card on the Primary Domain Controller went bust. Can you control that machine directly and check out its network connectivity (NIC diagnostics, `ping`, web browse, etc.)? Or what about the network thingy (probably a "hub") that it plugs into. Do other devices wired to the same box still work right? Is there evidence the whole box has become isolated from the main network (probably by a cable jiggled loose)?

good luck!

--
Chuck Kollars - principal Kollars Informatics
chuck at ckollars.org   http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/print/200512/iraq-withdrawal