[Samba] Stateful Takeover in a Cluster environment

Schlomo Schapiro samba at schlomo.schapiro.org
Wed Apr 26 19:19:45 GMT 2006

Hi,

funny - just today I talked to Jeremy about this question and maybe there
will be some development in Samba 3 in the near future in this area.

Apparently there has been some progress in the internal workings of Samba
recently that makes the whole cluster thing more feasable.

So, stay tuned.

Schlomo

PS: I have heard, that IBM is running a clustered version of Samba
internally over GPFS - maybe you should check inhouse.

PPS: Everybody who doesn't come to the SambaXP conference should really
think about it. It is really worthwhile.

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006, Kai Suchomel1 wrote:

> Hey
> I am new to Samba and have a few queries.
> How can you archieve "Stateful Takeover" for a Samba Session
> My goal is to get a samba service running over a cluster.
> For the client it is transparent to witch server he connects.
> If a node in the cluster dies, the connection will move with all the states
> over to another node.
> I know Samba 3 is not clusteraware, perhaps anybody knows something about
> the clusterawarness in Samba 4.
> I am pleaseful for every answer.
> Anybody having any idea, please comment.
> Regards
> Kai Suchomel

Regards,
Schlomo