[Samba] copy error "big" files from xp to linux

Schlomo Schapiro samba at schlomo.schapiro.org
Wed Apr 26 19:28:00 GMT 2006

Hi,

On Tue, 25 Apr 2006, Luiz Campos wrote:

>  Hi
>
> I am running samba  on suse 10 with a client XP professional.
> I can copy files from suse to xp normally,
> but I can only copy small files (~1k) when writing to a suse share from XP .
> Files "big" as 500 k are getting an error message   "Error copying the
> file.. Path is too extent..."

Sorry, but as long as you don't supply some information about your system,
nobody will be able to help you.

Versions, Log files, level 10 logs, ... that kinf of thing.

And, make sure that you don't have a problem with networking hardware and
settings, like a differing MTU size, cabling problems, lousy NICs, ...

>         add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd  -c Machine -d
> /var/lib/nobody - /bin/false %m$

should read:
add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd -g  computers -c  Machine  -d  /var/lib/empty  -s /bin/false %u

--
Regards,
Schlomo