[Samba] Cannot access share from Windows - Update

Bruce Lane kyrrin at bluefeathertech.com
Tue Apr 25 23:54:26 GMT 2006

	I'm posting this for the benefit of those who may have encountered the same hair-graying problem that I did. Specifically, given FreeBSD 6.0, and Samba 3.0.22, I could access the share from a Windows system, but any attempt to write or delete to the tree shown resulted in a Windows 'Access Denied' message.

	The problem turned out to be a spurious 'writable = no' entry in the smb.conf file. Silly mistake, easy to make, and (fortunately) easy to correct once found.

	Everything's working fine now. Thanks to the list for putting up with some minor silliness on my part (sound of hand striking forehead).

	Keep the peace(es).