[Samba] adding computer account fails in LDAP replication environment

Abdul-Wahid Paterson abdulwahid at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 09:04:28 GMT 2006

Hi,

I have two Samba domains (SITEA and SITEB) that authenticate against
to LDAP servers. The LDAP server at SITEA replicates to SITEB.

At SITEB smbldap-tools uses the LDAP server at SITEA and the samba
uses the LDAP server at SITEB. Updates to the LDAP server at SITEB are
refferred to SITEA. The replication and update referrals are working
fine.

However, when I try to add a computer account most of the account gets
added correctly and I can see the computer account profile on both
servers. However, the following changes fail to replicate to the slave
due to a "dnMatch" failiure. What is that all about? What does it
mean? Why do the other changes replicate fine but these changes fail
to replicate

This is what shows on the LDAP server at SITEB when the changes are
replicated.......

----CUT----

do_modify: dn (uid=testpc$,ou=Computers,dc=lintrix,dc=net)
modifications:
        add: sambaPwdCanChange
                one value, length 10
        add: sambaPwdMustChange
                one value, length 19
        add: sambaNTPassword
                one value, length 32
        add: sambaPwdLastSet
                one value, length 10
        replace: entryCSN
                one value, length 32
        replace: modifiersName
                one value, length 28
        replace: modifyTimestamp
                one value, length 15
bdb_modify: uid=testpc$,ou=Computers,dc=lintrix,dc=net
dnMatch -3
        "cn=manager,dc=lintrix,dc=net"
        "cn=replicator,dc=lintrix,dc=net"
send_ldap_result: err=50 matched="" text=""

It is something to do with the dn for the udpates by why are they mismatched?

Thanks and regards,

Abdul-Wahid