[Samba] Samba 3.0.23pre1 Available for Download

Lars Müller lmuelle at SuSE.de
Sun Apr 23 21:44:13 GMT 2006

On Sun, Apr 23, 2006 at 06:17:50AM -0500, Gerald Carter wrote:
[snip]
> Binary packages are available at
>
> 	http://download.samba.org/samba/ftp/Binary_Packages/

RPM packages of Samba 3.0.23pre1 for all SuSE Linux products are
available at ftp://ftp.SuSE.com/pub/projects/samba/pre/ or
http://ftp.SuSE.com/pub/projects/samba/pre/

The same packages are also available at
http://download.Samba.org/samba/ftp/Binary_Packages/pre/

Starting with this pre/ rc releases we support also for the pre/ rc
RPM packages a continous update path.  Therefore the pre and rc state is
encoded into the RPM release and not into the version.  This allows you
to update from a stable release to a pre release, from any pre release
to a rc release, and finaly to the next stable release.

Please use a mirror close to your site.  A list of Samba.org mirrors is
available at http://Samba.org/  There choose a mirror at the right top
of the page.

There are also a bunch of SuSE mirrors.  A list of international mirror
sites is at
http://www.novell.com/products/suselinux/downloads/ftp/int_mirrors.html
A list of mirrors in Germany is at
http://www.novell.com/products/suselinux/downloads/ftp/germ_mirrors.html

If you encounter any problem with these packages please don't blame the
Samba Team.  Instead file a bug to https://bugzilla.Samba.org/, pick
product Samba 3.0, then select 'component' Packaging and set 'assign to'
to samba-maintainers at SuSE dot de.  Or use http://bugzilla.Novell.com
with the same assignee instead.

For additional information - how to report bugs and which log files are
required - see http://en.openSUSE.org/Samba

Our customers, our products, our responsibility.

Have a lot of fun...

Lars Müller - for the Novell Samba Team
--
Lars Müller [ˈlaː(r)z ˈmʏlɐ]