[Samba] Samba library error - Solaris 8

Mark B mbutsche at peakss.com
Fri Apr 21 23:13:04 GMT 2006

Hello all,

I've got a newly installed Solaris 8 system running the Feb 2005 patch
cluster. I downloaded the following packages from sunfreeware and
installed on this new system (installed in the order listed):

gcc_small-3.3.2-sol8-sparc-local
libiconv-1.8-sol10-sparc-local
ncurses-5.4-sol10-sparc-local
popt-1.7-sol10-sparc-local
readline-5.1-sol10-sparc-local
samba-3.0.10-sol10-sparc-local

I've setup my smb.conf file which is very basic and I modified
/etc/etc/init.d/samba start script to reflect the true location of
samba, which is /usr/local/samba.

When I try to start the smbd and nmbd processes via the start script, I
get the following library errors:

ld.so.1: /usr/local/samba/sbin/smbd: fatal: libc.so.1: version
`SUNW_1.22' not found (required by file /usr/local/samba/sbin/smbd)
ld.so.1: /usr/local/samba/sbin/smbd: fatal: libc.so.1: open failed: No
such file or directory
Killed
ld.so.1: /usr/local/samba/sbin/nmbd: fatal: libc.so.1: version
`SUNW_1.22' not found (required by file /usr/local/samba/sbin/nmbd)
ld.so.1: /usr/local/samba/sbin/nmbd: fatal: libc.so.1: open failed: No
such file or directory
Killed

I can only find once libc.so.1 file and it is in /usr/lib, none in
/usr/local, just incase it was trying to use the wrong one.

Can anyone assist in finding what this is missing and how I might fix
it? Nothing found on google.

Thanks in advance,

Mark