[Samba] How to set mysql backend for samba; Urgent pls

Thu Apr 20 09:01:35 GMT 2006

On Wed, Apr 19, 2006 at 03:44:32AM -0700, balijepalli srikrishnamohan wrote:
> I am facing a problem while configuring mysql backend
> to samba.
> I am using samba 2.2.7,
> mysql 5.0, pam-mysql-0.5 and RH9.
> Is it possible to set mysql backend for samba2.2.7?
> Pls explain the way to configure mysql to samba as
> backend.

The sql backends in Samba 3 have always been experimental,
and as they are largely unmaintained, we have removed them
from Samba. 3.0.22 still has them, but 3.0.23 will not
anymore.

Under http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdbsql you find a
project that aims to provide a patch that restores this
functionality.

Please be aware that this is not supported by the Samba Team
anymore.

Sorry,

Volker