[Samba] Samba 3 - Rebuild WINS database

simo idra at samba.org
Mon Apr 17 16:42:24 GMT 2006

You can do it by just edit the wins.dat file and restart nmbd.

No need to stop smbd while you do that, of course while nmbd is down you
will have some limited functionality (read problems resolving names),
but you should be able to do that in a very short time frame.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce
Samba Team GPL Compliance Officer