[Samba] Why Can I Delete?

Eric Warnke ericew at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 12:19:19 GMT 2006

Because everyone has read-write access to the directory, anyone can delete
any file.  It's basic unix permissions that are catching you on this one.

I think what you are looking for is something more like /tmp where everone
can read-write there own files, if that is the case you need to do the
following.

chmod a+t /var/www/advertising

This will make the files "sticky" just like in /tmp so that only the owner
can delete them.

Cheers,
Eric