[Samba] Samba PDC LDAP: Got too many (2) info entries for domain

Alberto Picón Couselo albertopicon at picon-networks.com
Sun Apr 16 03:04:01 GMT 2006

Hello there. I'm currently configuring a Samba PDC LDAP Master Server and
two Samba BDC LDAP Slave Servers with slurpd replication service over Debian
3.1 Sarge and Samba 3.0.22. I'm trying to fix a problem related with the
info domain entry. When I execute the "net getlocalsid [Domain]" in the PDC
server, I receive the following response:

# net getlocalsid [domain]
[2006/04/16 03:26:51, 0] lib/smbldap_util.c:smbldap_search_domain_info(276)
  Got too many (2) domain info entries for domain [domain]
SID for domain [DOMAIN] is: S-1-5-21-xxxxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxxx

In addition, when I execute, for example, pdbedit -L, I receive the
following output:

# pdbedit -L
Searching for:[(&(objectClass=sambaDomain)(sambaDomainName=[DOMAIN]))]
smbldap_open_connection: connection opened
ldap_connect_system: succesful connection to the LDAP server
Got too many (2) domain info entries for domain [DOMAIN]
pdb_init_ldapsam: WARNING: Could not get domain info, nor add one to the
domain
pdb_init_ldapsam: Continuing on regardless, will be unable to allocate new
users/groups, and will risk BDCs having inconsistant SIDs
Searching for:[(&(objectClass=sambaDomain)(sambaDomainName=[DOMAIN]))]
smbldap_open_connection: connection opened
ldap_connect_system: succesful connection to the LDAP server
Got too many (2) domain info entries for domain [DOMAIN]
pdb_init_ldapsam: WARNING: Could not get domain info, nor add one to the
domain
pdb_init_ldapsam: Continuing on regardless, will be unable to allocate new
users/groups, and will risk BDCs having inconsistant SIDs
ldapsam_setsampwent: 5 entries in the base dc=mydomain,dc=com
init_sam_from_ldap: Entry found for user: user1
user1:10001:User 1
init_sam_from_ldap: Entry found for user: machine-01$
machine-01$:25001:machine-01$
init_sam_from_ldap: Entry found for user: machine-02$
machine-02$:25000:machine-02$
init_sam_from_ldap: Entry found for user: user2
user2:10002:User 2
init_sam_from_ldap: Entry found for user: admin
admin:0:admin admin

Following several fixes I've found, I've tryed to reindex the LDAP master
database and rebuild the domain entry. I've made sure that there is only one
entry for the domain too without results. I think that the problem is
related with the domain entry stored in secrets.tdb. When I delete the LDAP
domain entry and execute net getlocalsid [domain], the response is correct.
However, when I rebuild the LDAP entry, the error comes back again.

Can you please give me any advice or workaround I could apply to fix it?

Thank you very much in advance,
Alberto