[Samba] Debian package including --with-acl-support?

Sean Wingert seanw at norrstev.com
Fri Apr 14 15:51:15 GMT 2006

Hi Samba Experts,

	Does anyone know where I could download a Debian Sarge package that
has the --with-acl-support configure option set?

I've read that the Debian packages on Sarge don't have it, and I've tried
modifying /etc/apt/sources.list to include
deb http://us4.samba.org/samba/ftp/Binary_Packages/Debian sarge samba

But everytime I try to modify ACLS via Windows XP security tab, I get the
"PERMISSION DENIED" despite my smb.conf with nt acl support = yes

This is a vanilla install from the debian packages on that site, but let me
know if you need my smb.conf

Sean