[Samba] Samba 4.0 compilation problem

jasmine mary jselvaraj at tiaa-cref.org
Thu Apr 13 19:50:04 GMT 2006

As u said i tried to compile using gcc version 3.4.2, it is not getting
download properly.When i am gunzipping this GCC package i am getting some
"invalid compressed data--length error". Again i am downloading.FYI it takes
more time to download.because the package size is very big.

At the end of the configure script execution, i got message like GNU >= 3.81
is the dependency one. So I installed that GNU 3.81 package. I dont knwo
what is the difference between GNU make and GCC make. But i did. After that
i got the error mesasge like "make: Fatal error in reader: Makefile, line
12157: Unexpected end of line seen".

I couldnt attach the config.log file, as i dont see the upload option in
this forum.The exit status of the configure is 0. Please advise me.

I think installing the kerberos library is not required by SAMBA4. Am i
right? i can directly follow the HOWTO doc for installing and configuring
the samba with out prior installation of any libraries(kreberos and LDAP)
like samba3.

Please help me out of this.

Jasmine