[Samba] Re: File Permissions

Bruno Guerreiro bruno.guerreiro at ine.pt
Wed Apr 12 13:53:46 GMT 2006

Hi,
The main problem was when trying to manage different permissions at
different levels, it became really messy. I just lost too much time managing
almost every directory one by one.
So now I've managed to take a different approach. To every directory there's
only two types of access. One group with rwx and another with rx. This
permissions are set via ACL at first level. On the following levels every
file has 775 permissions.
Very easy to maintain... But the fact that it works for, doesn't mean it
will work for you.

Best Regards,
Bruno guerreiro