[Samba] Printing to Samba printer causes application to abort

Martin Zielinski mz at seh.de
Wed Apr 12 13:52:52 GMT 2006

Hi!

Sorry, I can't reproduce it.
It's a typical "no devmode" problem. But...

to create a _valid_ devicemode on your samba server perform the
following steps:

- open your printer
- choose "advanced" and then "printing defaults"
- toggle a setting and click "Apply".

This should force the driver to submit a self-created devmode to your
samba server and replace the default one.
Now your applications should (hope so ;-) receive all valid information
for printing.

Hope that helps!

~ Martin

P.S. I don't know what "bounced Samba" means but I think you need to
restart samba.

Martin Zielinski             mz at seh.de
Software Development
SEH Computertechnik GmbH     www.seh.de