[Samba] Printing to Samba printer causes application to abort

Kirk B. Dice kirk at wadipetroleum.com
Tue Apr 11 22:17:30 GMT 2006

I am using Slackware 10.2 (kernel 2.4.29) and Samba 3.0.21c for my print
server.  The client workstations are WinNT4.  I have two printers on the
linux server..an HP DeskJet 600 and an Okidata B4250.  I can install and
print to the HP from any of the workstations.  I can install the Okidata
just fine, but when I try to print from Word, Excell, or any application Dr.
Watson comes to visit.  I get an error 'Exception: access violation
(0xc0000005),Address: 0x68603667' and the application shuts down.

I can print directly to the printers on the linux box w/o any problems.  The
file permissions are both the same for the lpd print spools and the
rpcclient shows the drivers to be added correctly and set to each printer.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kirk

Here is my smb.conf:

[global]
   workgroup = toontown
   security = share
   hosts allow = 192.168.26. 127.
   printcap name = /etc/printcap
   lpq cache time = 20
   printing = lprng
   max log size = 1024
   passdb expand explicit = no
   socket options = TCP_NODELAY
   dns proxy = no

[printers]
   comment = All Printers
   path = /tmp
   print ok = yes
   guest ok = yes
   printable = yes
   public = yes
   print command = /usr/bin/lpr -R%m -P %p -r %s
   lpq command = /usr/bin/lpq -P %p
   lprm command = /usr/bin/lprm -P %p %j
   lppause command = /usr/sbin/lpc hold %p %j
   lpresume command = /usr/sbin/lpc relase %p %j
   queuepause command = /usr/sbin/lpc stop %p
   queueresume command = /usr/sbin/lpc start %p

# printers
[hpdj600]
   comment = "HP DeskJet 600"
   path = /tmp
   printable = yes
[okib4250b]
   comment = "Oki B4250 (back)"
   path = /tmp
   printable = yes
[print$]
   comment = "Printer Driver Download Area"
   path = /etc/samba/drivers
   readonly = yes
   browseable = yes
   guest ok = yes