[Samba] How do I apply active directory group policies to samba shares

Rob Tanner rtanner at linfield.edu
Tue Apr 11 18:35:02 GMT 2006

Hi,

We would like to aggregate departmental servers on to a single samba
share called "departments" and under departments would be a set of
folders corresponding to the departments.  Permissions need to be
controlled by group memberships in active directory.  When I go into
folder properties on an XP with the departments share mounted, under the
security tab I see Administrators, Everyone and Users.  I can click add
and add a domain group (e.g., "its staff"), and it gets added to the
list of groups at the top.  I can set permissions, etc.  But when I
click apply, the added group goes away.

What do I need to do to enable that functionality?

Thanks,
Rob

--

Rob Tanner