[Samba] (no subject)

Gary Dale garydale at torfree.net
Mon Apr 10 13:37:31 GMT 2006

One thing I notice is that you don't have any normal user administration
scripts. The ones in my smb.conf look like this:
    add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd -g samba -c %u
    delete user script = /usr/sbin/userdel -r %u
    add group script = /usr/sbin/groupadd %g
    delete group script = /usr/sbin/groupdel %g
    add user to group script = /usr/sbin/usermod -G  %g %u
    add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd -g machines -c Machine -d
/dev/null -s /bin/false %u

This may be creating problems because if your users aren't in the
correct groups, they won't have permission to modify the files. Your
shares are set to have valid users in the NIS or Unix ste_varinard
group, but it's not clear how your users are getting into that group.

Also, I notice that you have guest ok = no in the globals, but you've
declared all your shares as public. Public means "guest ok = yes". It's
possible that your files are being created with the guest account but
accessed by the user's real account, which then wouldn't have
permission, or vice-versa.