[Samba] Re: Re: If I use "valid users" option, I can't log intothe domain

Steve A gmane at rowyerboat.com
Sat Apr 8 18:26:25 GMT 2006

Craig White wrote:
> see Jerry's answer pertaining to valid users = sa in [global] which
> picked up on something I didn't consider.

Thanks Craig, that was indeed the key to the answer.  What I wanted to do
was to globally allow everyone to "login to the domain, or access shares"
but only if I specifically allowed them to (ie. they are a member of the
users group).  I think I can achieve the same thing in many other ways so
I'll experiment.

Thanks once again,
Steve :)