[Samba] (no subject)

Gary Dale garydale at torfree.net
Fri Apr 7 15:03:00 GMT 2006

contact at vaisonet.com wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm using samba, and sometime i can't save excel ou word file.
>Windows tell me :
>i can't save file as 'filename'. A temporary file 'AE751FLM' was created. Close your file and save it with another name.
>
>What's wrong ?
>Why can i not same file sometime ?
>
>Thanks

Since you say "sometimes", I assume that sometimes you can save these
files. A few obvious questions, since I don't know what you've tried or
your level of expertise:
- which version of Samba are you running?
- is this happening with just excel and word files, or do you have
problems saving other files as well?
- which version of M$ Office are you using?
- is this happening only in particular directories?
- is this happening only for some users?
- is this happening only on new files or does it happen on existing
files that you had previously saved?
- is this happening only on files that were created by someone else that
you are now editing?