[Samba] Not able to join domain

Bruno Guerreiro bruno.guerreiro at ine.pt
Thu Apr 6 14:08:21 GMT 2006

 Hi,

That syntax would be right if you were trying to join a domain called "PDC"
Showing as PDC is only dependent of the smb.conf file.

> I'm still unable to create a root account in pdbedit after
> changing security to user (and restarting nmb/smb). I still
> get the error in the logs about root not existing.

Have you tried changing root's samba password, with smbpasswd?

If you issue: pdbedit -Lv, do you get any entry for root/administrator or
something?

Best regards,
Bruno Guerreiro