[Samba] Problem Joining Windows XP Clients to Suse PDC Domain

James Ochieng jotigo2001 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Apr 5 10:20:31 GMT 2006

Hi all,
I have configured samba on Suse 9.0 and enabled the
Suse box as the PDC for the network. The problem is
when I try to join Windows XP clients to the domain I
have created, I get the error: "A specified
authentication package unknown" after entering the
account name and password.

I configured the samba server using Yast and I am
using LDAP authentication. Could anyone please direct
me on how to solve the problem, I am relatively new to
Linux!!

Cheers,
Dula