[Samba] Can't connect XP to Samba domain: (user name could not be found)

Chris Anders slash at thezoneinternet.com.au
Tue Apr 4 23:48:39 GMT 2006

Have you created a machine trust account ? thats the username its not
happy about..

if you man smbpasswd (if your using tdbsam or smbpasswd as your
backend) you will see the option -m
thus smbpasswd -a -m testmachine$ (dont forget the $) will add the
machine account testmachine for you to join the domain

hope that helps

Kind Regards,

Chris Anders
Network Engineer

Anders Networks
Mobile     - 0421 580 017
Email       - chris at anders.net.au
Web         - http://www.anders.net.au

---
This message contains confidential information and is intended only f
or the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you s
hould not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify
t he sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by
mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. E-mail transmission
ca n not be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information
could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or
incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept
liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this
message, which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If
verification is required please request a hard-copy version.