[Samba] degraded performance under domain login load

Mark Sarria mes4294 at lausd.k12.ca.us
Tue Apr 4 17:28:32 GMT 2006

I had a similar problem to this, but as an add bonus my client stations will
also drop connection. We found the problem to be hardware related and not
Software. We test the software and found it to perform just fine in normal
conditions, so we started to test hardware, hardware being switch, network
cards etc... We started with network cards. It preformed the same then we
started to replace our networked switch with smaller 4 port switch just to
test the performance and AHAA that was the problem. The switch was failing.
Of course it was an unmanaged switch so we just replaced.

Hope this helps
Mark