[Samba] Migrating an existing NT domain to samba

Chris Garrigues cwg-dated-1144589541.941345 at Trinsics.Com
Tue Apr 4 13:32:20 GMT 2006

What is the best path to follow to migrate an existing NT domain to a Samba
server.

I've got several other Samba domains elsewhere, but none of them started as NT
domains so I didn't have to do a migration.

The existing network has several servers, all of which I intend to retire
from fileservice once this migration is finished.  At the moment I have my samba
server on the network in a bogus domain and of course there's no useful
communication.

The samba server is set up to use LDAP and is running 3.0.13 under Mandriva.

Chris

--
Chris Garrigues                         Trinsic Solutions
President                               1611-B West 6th Street

512-322-0180                            http://www.trinsics.com

                 Would you rather proactively pay for
                uptime or reactively pay for downtime?

                          Trinsic Solutions