[Samba] problems mounting Win2003 Server Share - smbclient is working smbmount is not

Andi Voss andi at andis.mine.nu
Tue Apr 4 10:37:37 GMT 2006

Hi,

this is my first post to this list.
I have to mount an Win2003 SmallBusinessServer share to my linux box.
So far so good.
The user "user" exists with the same pass on the linux-box like in the
ActiveDirectory at the Win2003-Server.
I added the user with smbpasswd -a user .
I joined the domain with:
net rpc join -S domain -U user

mount -t smbfs -o username=user,workgroup=domain,rw //server/dir /linux/dir

The first error I got was:
root at fax:/etc/rc.d# mount -t smbfs -o
username=user,workgroup=domain,rw //server/dir /linux/dir
cli_negprot: SMB signing is mandatory and we have disabled it.
1220: protocol negotiation failed
SMB connection failed

I tried
client use spnego = yes
client signing = yes
in the smb.conf, but this was not working.

So I created a new GPO at the Win2003 and disabled the smb-signing.
Now mounting is possible. But when I enter the directory and want to list the
content I got:
ls .: Stale NFS handle

???
I updated the whole system.
Now Slackware current with samba 3.0.22 and Kernel 2.6.16.1 (cifvs suport
compiled in) and nfs-utils 1.0.7 is working.

When I now mount the share and ls inside I get:
ls .: Access denied

The rights of the shares are correct because other WindowsClients are able to
connect to.

The crazy thing:
If I'm using smbclient, its possible to get into the directory and see the
content:
smbclient //server/dir -U user

At this point I have no more ideas where to search for or how to fix the
problem.

Here is the global section of samba (testparm is OK):

[global]
   workgroup = domain
   server string = Samba Server
   log file = /var/log/samba
   max log size = 50
   security = user
   encrypt passwords = yes
   socket options = TCP_NODELAY
   local master = no
   domain master = no
   preferred master = no
   domain logons = no
   dns proxy = no

It would be glad if someone could help me!
If you need more infos, please ask.

Greets Andi