[Samba] Differences with net join

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Fri Sep 30 20:51:06 GMT 2005

On Fri, Sep 30, 2005 at 02:45:27PM -0600, Ric Tibbetts wrote:

> Nope, no winbind. I saw those references in the log too, but thought
> they were just standard checks.

The problem is definately related to the mapping between the numeric
Windows user and the unix user. What does your username map file
look like ?

Just to test, can you ensure you have both the

u<number>=<number>
u<number>=<DOMAIN>\<number>

entries in the username map for the user you're testing with.

BTW: The reason you're having such trouble with this set up
is that having a Windows domain consisting of numeric user id's
is an unusual setup. Most people don't set things up this way.

We should still work in this environment (once there is a correct
mapping in place) but this is why you're having a lot of problems.

It's such an unusual case we don't usually test in an environment
like this.

Jeremy.