[Samba] File sharing permissions w/ Win2k

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Fri Sep 30 17:50:56 GMT 2005

On Friday 30 September 2005 11:39, Mauricio Herrera wrote:
> I need help configuring Samba v3 to do file sharing with Windows 2000pro
> and XP through SWAT.  I've listed my user groups in the read, write, and
> valid fields of my share's parameters page.  My security level is set to
> USER, and read-only option is set to NO.  From any Windows workstation I am
> able to successfully map a drive to the Samba share; however, I can not
> write to it ("Access is denied").  Any ideas, or explanations?  Thank you.
>
> Mauricio Herrera

Suggest you follow the book "Samba3-ByExample" available from Amazon.Com under
ISBN number 013188221X, or in PDF from:

http://www.samba.org/samba/docs/Samba3-ByExample.pdf

Choose the chapter that best matches your network configuration needs and then
follow the step-by-step installation guidance.

Cheers,
John T.