[samba] ldapsam:trusted = yes kills smbd - THANKS :)

Daniel Wilson daniel.wilson at sunderland.ac.uk
Fri Sep 30 08:39:36 GMT 2005

Thanks guys for your help so quickly, who says open source support is
rubbish ;)

Results:

I came in this morning and....

Our LDAP server is now running at a load average of 0.4-9 with slapd at
10-30% :) the lastweek its been at a load average of 16-23 slapd at 98% :(

Now we have no LDAP queries of "filter=(objectclass=posixaccount)" which
was what was killing our LDAP server as it was trying to get over 50,000
entries. :) every few minutes.

Having ldapsam:trusted = yes has greatly  improved our proformance :)
and my teams worry :)

The University of Sunderland (UK) are commited to using open source
software.  We in the small IT Systems Team would like to try and get the
University to make a donation to the Samba Project, how would we go
about this if its possible?

Regards

Daniel Wilson