[Samba] Re: multiple domain login failures

Sebastian Held sebastian.held at gmx.de
Fri Sep 30 07:08:14 GMT 2005

Am Donnerstag, 29. September 2005 18:26 schrieb Rex Dieter:
> Stan Garvin wrote:
> Offhand, you're using a relatively old version of samba.  I'd recommend
> upgrading to the latest version (3.0.14a at the moment) and re-test.
>
> -- Rex

Hi,
I'm having the same problem... using the rpm from SuSE-9.2 (version 3.0.9...)
Upgrading to 3.0.20 doesn't solve it.
Some users can login from a particular workstation, while others cannot. I
don't know how to debug that kind of failure (Error dialog from WinXP said
something like "domain is not available")

The problem shows up right after adding a new user to the samba server. But
don't know if it is the cause.

br,
Sebastian