[samba] ldapsam:trusted = yes kills smbd

Fri Sep 30 05:57:44 GMT 2005

On Thu, Sep 29, 2005 at 05:39:03PM -0500, Gerald (Jerry) Carter wrote:
> the trusted=yes is not a complete replacement for nss_ldap IIRC.  I would
> need to check to be sure.  but what I remember is that this allows for
> certain group membership optimizations.
>
> Volker, can you confirm or correct me?

You're correct. You still need ldap in /etc/nsswitch.conf, be it only for the
other unix programs running. The major optimizations come from the assumption
that all accounts relevant to Samba are in LDAP and both the posix and samba
object classes are on the same LDAP entry.

Volker