[samba] recycle not working as I expected

phwashington at comcast.net phwashington at comcast.net
Fri Sep 30 00:28:15 GMT 2005

I have the following in my configuration file and recycle is working for the share but
  - versions is working as I expected
 - touch does not seem to be changing the time on the files to show me when they were deleted
 - keeptree does not work when there are multiple users within a share and prevents the recycle from working in some cases.
---- if user1 deletes a file everything works fine.  If user2 deletes something along the same tree the permissions prevent the creation of the file in the recycle.  So I've turned off keeptree
- exclude does not seem to be working. I have tried the syntax below along with
     recycle:exclude = /*.tmp/*.temp/   similar to what is used in veto files.

samba 3.0.10
Any help appreciated.

 vfs object = recycle
                recycle:versions = yes