[Samba] Authentication issues - One problem found, another discovered

Ric Tibbetts rtibbetts at lanl.gov
Thu Sep 29 21:19:15 GMT 2005

All;
Okay, I'm narrowing the problem down.

With all other things configured, I'm down to and ADS problem.
The reason Samba can't verify my username/passwords (as specified in
password server = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) is because that address points to
an ADS, and I didn't compile ADS into Samba (best answer I can
find...If I'm way off base on that one, just let me know).

So, the next effort would be to compile in ADS.
THAT fails with errors relating to Kerberos.
I'm running AIX 5.2, with the IBM Kerberos. I have no authority to
change the Kerberos distribution.
Has ANYONE come across this, and have a solution? I can post the
exact compile error if anyone needs that.

Thanks!

-Ric