[Samba] Unnecessary smbpasswd

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Thu Sep 29 17:24:36 GMT 2005

On Thu, Sep 29, 2005 at 11:17:29AM -0600, Ric Tibbetts wrote:

> Beyond that: You are a poster child for the anti-open source software
> group. It's sad that a request for help is met with attitudes such as
> yours, and become confrontational.

There are ways of asking for help, and some are better than others. I
have infinite patience with people who are trying to learn the concepts.
I have less patience with people who claim to have set up many servers
and yet display ignorance with basic concepts. Remember, my reputation
is tied stringly with this software - if you claim you are a competent
admin yet you error report is that the software fails "randomly"
with "stupid error messages" (both of which you did) I hope you might
realize you're going to get a somewhat sharper response.

> Thanks for the help.

Glad I was able to point you in the right direction.

Jeremy.